Purple Eye Syndrome! Seems Weird Right?
But that’s what it is.
A wide fraction of people claims it to be a made-up fiction work. They call it ‘the biggest online myth.’
Alexandria Genesis or purple eye syndrome is a myth or maybe there lies some truth behind, as they say. It has been trending too high on the server for the past one-and-half decades. It has been a mind-boggling thing to everyone who ever took time to search it. Alexandria’s Genesis is a combination of some of the rarest conditions together. The fun part is that these super rare conditions are too rare to be found in human individually, forget about found in a combo. Some belief this thing to be a harsh super-natural reality whereas the other group calls it a made-up fiction.
There have been too many distinct opinions on what Alexandria’s Genesis is. There is no scientific evidence ever found in history nor was any case ever reported. With the world population crossing 7.5 billion, there is no Alexandria’s Genesis case present by far. This piece from the lemony blog is to help you understand what it is? We have tried to combine all the major information available on Alexandria’s Genesis.
What is Alexandria’s Genesis?
Alexandria’s Genesis is medically a super rare condition. Scientists claim that it is caused due to genetic mutation. A person suffering from this condition witnesses color change in their eyes. The normal eye color switches to purple or lilac shade and turns deeper during puberty. The eye change usually happens within the six-months of the birth that is usually in the infancy period. The color change does not one’s eyesight.
You may also read: Is the Plant-Based Diet Right For You?
Although there aren’t any cases reported so far, people believe that the patients lead a very normal life. While many believe it to be a result of genetic mutation, humans suffering from it tend to turn into perfect physically. There are some clearly visible changes that follow after mutation.
A Look at its History
For a disease as baffling as Alexandria’s Genesis, it makes sense to want to look at its history. Here is what we found after thorough research online.
Alexandria’s Genesis was named after an English girl called Alexandria. She was supposedly the first person to suffer from this so-called ‘purple eye syndrome.’ It happened back in 1329 in England. Alexandria’s eye changed its color to purple after six months of her birth. With the world so uncivilized and traditional, lacking scientific guidance, it was believed to be a foul play by some witchcraft. The kid was taken to the priest for examination. The priest called her a special child with eyes gifted from the almighty god.
Recommended: Protect Your Mental Health
Years later, Alexandria was married and was blessed with two kids. The kids too had similar eyes and other physical appearance. They too did not have any hair growth in the body apart from lashes, eyebrows, nostrils, and head. They lead a healthy life. Alike her mother, Alexandria, they lead a long life over 100-years.
Symptoms of Alexandria’s Genesis
Alexandria’s Genesis! A disease with some really ‘hard-to-believe’ conditions
It may be a myth or a work of fiction. But it may also be some undiscovered truth. Change in the eye color, physical appearance, etc. are some of the symptoms of Alexandria’s Genesis.
Here is a list of symptoms that people affected by it have.
- Purple Eyes: the eye color of the affected person changes to purple. The color turns deeper when the person hits puberty. However, they have normal eyesight just like any other person.
- Perfect Skin: the skin of the affected person becomes flawless and stops tanning. It also aging once the person hits the 50 age mark.
- Perfect Body: the patient tends to possess a perfect physique. The body stops gaining and losing weight, letting you attain an ideal physique.
- No Unwanted Hair: there is no unwanted hair growth on the body. Only the needy parts like head, eyebrows, nostrils, and lashes have hair growth.
- High Fertility Rate: women affected by Alexandria’s Genesis do not have menstruation. However, they have a really high fertility rate. They can conceive and bear healthy children while a normal female without menstruation is infertile.
- Excellent Immune: the patients with AG do not fall sick or catch diseases. They have a strong immune system and are not affected by any serious ailments.
- Negligible Body Waste: the amount of body waste from people with AG is quite negligible.
- Longer Life-Span: the patients with Alexandria’s Genesis are alleged to live long lives. They live for about 150-years easily for their body stops aging after the age of 50.
Probable Side-Effects of Alexandria’s Genesis
There hasn’t been any case reported of Alexandria’s Genesis until now. Nor has there been any side-effect reported. The symptoms that you read about are also the ones that people believe the affected person suffers from. Ignoring the pros, the cons of the symptoms can be regarded as the side-effects of AG. Like not falling sick, or living a super long life with no physical change could be tiresome.
Alexandria’s Genesis: Truth or Myth
There is no scientific report claiming Alexandria’s Genesis to be real. There is also no case ever reported in the documents too. Calling this disease a truth is thus quite tricky. A woman with no menstrual cycle and a high fertility rate is a magical condition. Not aging and living a life of about 150-years is not believable too because there is no human with such a long life ever reported. There are several diseases that can cause a change in eye color. However, this may turn to its normal shade once the disease is cured.
Suggested: Create A Healthy Living & How To Do It
Regarding this syndrome as a myth is also hard to comprehend. Although not proven anywhere, there are folk tales telling about Alexandria’s Genesis. The tale of Alexandria from England hinders mankind from designating Alexandria’s Genesis as a myth.
While we lack facts and shreds of evidence, there’s no point in justifying the disease as a myth or truth. For a disease as shocking as Alexandria’s Genesis, it’s a viable option to wait until anything is proved. We can let the science justify AG and wait for clarification until then.
Comment below and let us know how interesting did you find this article. Follow the lemony blog for more such articles.
Virtual Art Galleries: Healing and Recreation in the Digital Era
With stay-at-home orders in place, a lot of people feel limited on the things they can do for recreation and self-care. Thankfully, there are various ways to ‘tour’ art galleries virtually. What are the benefits of virtual art galleries and other online events?
Indeed, we are living in unprecedented times. Since the pandemic hit, people have been forced to remain in their homes. Even with restrictions are loosened, a lot of people are still uncertain about finally going out, as anxieties about catching COVID-19 are evident to some.
The result of this? Limited forms of recreation and the travel industry being affected severely. Museums turn empty, art galleries are closed, and what used to be cultural destinations are now less explored.
Thankfully, technology is on our side despite these limitations. The use of 3D technology can help people explore virtual art galleries in the comfort of their homes. Virtual art galleries become a way of entertainment and an avenue for wellness for people looking for things to do while staying indoors. We will be exploring the benefits of virtual art shows and other events for individuals and families.
What are the Benefits of Virtual Art Shows and Other Online Events?
Gives variation to the monotony of routines
Monotony can sometimes affect one’s state of mind. According to a study published in NCBI, boredom and monotony can have an impact on one’s morale and performance. When you’ve done much of the few things you can do at home, you need something else to break the routine.
By choosing to attend virtual art shows and galleries, you can significantly boost your level of happiness and satisfaction. Breaking the boredom and idleness is important to do once in a while. In fact, being idle has been linked to several mental health problems and other issues such as alcohol abuse.
Art Reduces Stress Levels
Participating in virtual art events can be one way for you to experience the benefits of art therapy in the comfort of your home. Making art, viewing art, and learning about art reduces stress hormones according to an article published in Drexel University.
If you’re feeling stressed about the state of current events, or simply want to unwind from your daily cares, attending virtual events can take your mind off these stressors and provide a means of escape. Like idleness, stress can also result in problems such as depression, binge drinking, or personality disorders. By utilizing art to unwind, one’s creative outlet is unleashed and stress hormones are significantly muted.
Low or no-cost form of Entertainment
There’s another hindrance that affects many people at this present time. Aside from the limitations of entertainment, a lot of households suffered from reduced income or unemployment.
As much as individuals and families want to find ways to have fun, it can be financially taxing to constantly think of ways to enjoy their days at home. Virtual art shows can be a great way to stay entertained and to ‘feel alive’ by traveling through digital means.
Business Traveler lists many museums offering virtual tours. In fact, this strategy is also used in drinking rehab centers during portions of their art therapy sessions. Visiting art galleries and museums virtually can serve as a means of inspiration for those going through addiction treatment to create their own masterpieces. As many of the participants are also ordered to stay within the premises of any rehab for drinking, virtual tours may be a crucial tool as a low-cost or no-cost form of recreation.
You can also benefit by trying out some virtual art shows at home.
Personal Growth Through Virtual Events
Virtual art events can also turn two-way. These can include having an online art tutor, or an art therapist that you meet virtually. In this way, you can still achieve personal growth even if you feel ‘stuck at home’. Constant interaction, peer support, and exploration of activities can help you maintain your overall mental, physical, and emotional wellness.
The same principle is applied in events such as AA rehab. Although they have been meeting in-person traditionally, the use of Zoom meetings is so beneficial for members who are having personal struggles even before the pandemic hit.
Whether you have certain health conditions or you just want to achieve a higher level of personal fulfillment, participating in online events can help you set a positive mindset.
Virtual Art Shows and Online Events: Explore Your Options
Taking a proactive approach for your wellness amidst these uncertain times can reap so many benefits. Through virtual art shows and other online events, you can explore many ways to entertain and heal yourself and your loved ones.
How To Challenge Your Brain To Learn Easily
Running across the gym every day to train muscles isn’t any new today. In fact, the number of such fitness freaks has been increasing on a regular basis. The ones who fail to afford gym training, go and run a mile or two. The ones who are still to follow this routine, dream of walking over their procrastination every day. We do so much to attain a healthy and appealing body. What about your brain?
When as the last time you spent a few minutes to care about your brain?
Or did you ever really thought, for once even, if you should train your brain likewise?
Your negligence and unawareness cannot change the fact that the brain is one of the most important body parts that need training. A couple of minutes from your really long day to care for your brain wouldn’t hurt for sure. It would rather fill your days with tens of benefits.
Also Check – Mental Exercises to Improve Emotional Fitness
The last decade has witnessed a phenomenal hype in people working hard to improve their cognitive skills. This article from Lemony Blogs focuses on “How to challenge your brain to learn easily?” In this piece, we shall also talk about the benefits that training your brain can lead to. Scroll until the end.
Why You Must Train Your Brain?
Although often neglected, it’s your brain that’s responsible behind everything that you do. Right from accepting and perceiving any information to reacting to it, it’s your organ in the skull that does it all. You may not know, but just as your body needs to be fueled with exercises to function optimum, the same goes for your brain.
When you move ahead with a few ways to challenge your brain regularly, your cognitive skills improve can help you in the following ways:
- Prevent you from embarrassment
- Make you a fast learner
- Improve your social image
- Help you grow faster
- And last but not the least, protect you against brain diseases
How to Challenge Your Brain to Learn Easily?
That’s what you crave. In the world that’s so competitive, even a fraction of second changes the results. The need of the hour says you need a sharp brain with high intelligence quotient, to learn things quickly with ease.
But the question is how you can train your brain to learn fast. It’s through challenging your brain. Taking out a couple of minutes from your self-care hours is more than enough to help your brain. It just takes a few minutes to think and decide it through. Once decided, there are ways that would challenge your brain to learn quickly. You just need to inculcate these in your daily routine. A slight change in your ways to do or see things would result in unanticipated yet, really cool results.
- Start with mini-challenges: Mini-challenge isn’t about being a dare-devil. You need to do regular things differently. To say, you can take a new route to your home from the office, or brush your teeth with the hand that you do not regularly use. You can sit in a different spot on your bed or do anything that you do not regularly go for.
- Learn something new: The more you use it, the better it gets. The saying perfectly fits your brain. Trying your hands at something new boosts your brain functionality. You can try learning a language, playing musical instruments, or anything else that you do not know.
- Physical Exercise: Physical exercise is a solution to everything for sure. Regular exercising for about half an hour improves your perception of power and memory. It also increases your learning ability and alertness.
- Spend quality time with your beloved: Talking and spending time with people that you are comfortable with improves your brainpower really well. It helps you think clearly and lifts your mood too. It helps you attain optimal cognitive potential.
- Choose your puzzle wisely: They say solving puzzles can help you trigger your cognitive skills. But, did they ever tell that there are only a few types of puzzles that actually help. To say, the crossword puzzles are surely interesting, but they never really sharpen your brain. They rather improve your fluency. However, Jigsaw puzzles can help you challenge your brain.
- Dark chocolate-a mandatory: While a diet full of proteins and vitamins including fish, fruits, and veggies is essential for a healthy mind and body, a piece of dark chocolate is important too. A hormone called dopamine produced by the brain after eating chocolate helps you learn things faster and memorize them for a long time. That must be the reason why people suggest students to eating chocolate while studying.
- Dance & Music: Learning new dance moves is a proven method that increases your brain’s cognitive power. Try out a form that you have never done before and dance your heart out. Recent studies claim that music can improve your creativity to a great extent. Listening to good music and learning to play music can boost your creative thinking pattern and cognitive power significantly.
- Use your senses, all at once: You need to exercise not only the brain but, also your senses. Practicing activities that involve the simultaneous engagement of more than one to all the five senses is a helpful way. Try visiting places that need simultaneous use of all the sense organs.
- Meditate: You must have seen this coming, right!
Anxiety and stress harm your brain like no other illness. Meditation on a regular basis can help you overcome this problem. It not only helps to calm your body, but also reduces stress and anxiety, and slows your breathing. Meditation actually helps your sharpen your memory and your ability to process and perceive information.
- Learn a new language: The cognitive benefits of learning a new language are many. A person who knows to speak more than one language tends to have better cognitive skills. Bilingualism actually contributes to your brain health as no other skill can. It improves memory, creativity, visual-spatial skills, multi-tasking, and delays mental-decline followed by growing age.
- Observe things: Next time you move out from your home, mark a note to observe things thoroughly. Relax! You need not dig deep into things as a CBI agent. Just a casual observation is what you need. Take note of five to six things about anything/anyone you come across that day. Later, when you get into your bed, try to remember what you noted earlier. Try observing things as often as you can.
Challenge your brain with the following tasks and improve your learning ability. Comment below how interesting and helpful this article was to you.
Top Mental Exercises to Improve Emotional Fitness
The world is high on trends to enhance optimum fitness. For a good reason, physical fitness is getting enough attention. People are also moving ahead with new fitness regimes to improve their mental health and wellness. Although not familiar with people, emotional fitness is equally important. Including a few easy exercises for our emotional fitness, to our daily routine, we can reap the best out of ourselves.
The process is just like the one you started with, to optimize your physical fitness. You will have to start with understanding what emotional fitness is. Many of us are often confused about mental and emotional health. While the two are different concepts, we often end up thinking of them as one. This article from Lemony Blog would help you understand the significance of the optimal emotional fitness. We have also aggregated below a list of a few exercises you must do to improve your emotional fitness. Scroll until the end and discover a few ways to grab the max of your health in your daily life.
What is Emotional Fitness?
Emotional health is about your ability to express your feelings. The reactions and expressions that you feel after processing a set of information in your brain. When stressed or anxious you end up over-reacting to some situations. Your overwhelmed mind triggers inappropriate responses, for your mind is full of inaccurate thoughts. Emotional fitness is an idea of developing our inner strength to overcome emotional obstacles. It depends upon the positive habits and exercises that we adopt in our daily lifestyles. Under immense pressure, your ability to stay calm and focused while others feel nervous is your emotional fitness.
The normal human behavior is always to assume the worst. That’s how we end up in the hours of disparity. We feel pessimistic and cannot drive our focus away from negative thoughts. Attaining emotional fitness, your mind will be able to focus on the constructive side of the incidences. Instead of drooling over darkness and fear, you’d be able to see the ray of light with a positive vibe in your heart. Although ignored and often underestimated, Emotional intelligence is way important than IQ. It is responsible for our overall health and happiness. Optimal emotional health is the key to success.
How is it Different from Mental Fitness?
Just as I already mentioned above, we often feel confused between mental and emotional health/fitness. While the former refers to our ability to process the information fed to our mind, the latter is about the ability to express what we feel after processing the information. Mental health is about grabbing the best out of your brain. It’s about optimizing your brain to function the best under pressure. Mental health in simple language is a wholesome term to define our brain health. Emotional fitness is one of the aspects that regulate mental fitness.
Importance of Emotional Fitness
Emotional fitness is an essential part of our overall health. When they say, a healthy mind and body perform the best in the hours of disparity, they are no wrong. Emotional health impacts the way in which we perceive information. The overwhelmed mind makes our subconscious mind chaotic and we fail to control ourselves. It affects our decision-making ability because we fail to process the information accurately.
Being emotionally sick, we wouldn’t be able to cope with life’s challenges. Every new hardship would be a setback to use. Being healthy emotionally, we can control our thoughts, behaviors, and feelings. It is thus, the need of the hour to work our way towards attaining optimum health physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Benefits of Emotional Fitness
Mankind is a selfish being. It never does things without benefits. An exercise is a powerful tool that could reap the effects that the best medicines fail to do. The benefits which induce can never be found anywhere else. Some of the benefits of emotional fitness are as follows:
- Reduced stress
- Sleep better
- Optimistic thoughts
- Increased happiness
- Increased self-confidence
- Alleviation of anxiety
- Increased cognitive function
- More energy
Mental Exercises to Improve Emotional Fitness
When practiced regularly, a set of simple exercises can pave the way for a better life. Given below is a list of few easy exercises that will lead you towards a healthier, stronger, and balanced emotional life.
- Attention Training: Improving attention is the first and foremost task in hand for an emotional health regime. It is because attention is the doorway to mind. Not just attention, we need to learn to keep our attention on optimism not otherwise. The best way to train attentional muscles is mindfulness.
- Eliminate Negative Thinking: We see things the way we think. Try to focus more on the light than darkness. Acknowledge your feelings and try to assess, if they are positive or negative. Try to get rid of negative thoughts and welcome positive ones. Cognitive reconstruction is helpful in alleviating negative thoughts.
- Build Better Relationships: Emotions have a great impact on our relationships with others. We can manage and control our emotions using validation. You need to realize if the things you feel are bad just because they appear bad. Once you start accepting your emotions as correct and valid, your relationships with others improve eventually.
- Try Something Different: Non-habitual tasks always awake your brain to concentrate. Trying out new things that you never did before can set the path to your enhanced emotional health. You can try new food, routines, travel to new places, read books different from your regular genre.
- Welcome Your Emotions: We tend to be defensive about the emotions that are hard to accept and end up feeling stressed about them. Recognizing and accepting your emotions in such circumstances is helpful to avoid stress.
- Express Yourself: The introverts often keep things to themselves for they feel uncomfortable in talking to others. The negative issues often bring grudges to their hearts. Once talking their heart out to others relieves them of anxiety and stress, but the otherwise situation leads them to depression and anger. Expressing and talking to others would bring peace to you. Rather than staying alone, try to spend some time with others regularly.
- Be patient: An emotionally healthy person finds wisdom even in tragedy. You do not need to always react instantly to any situation. Taking a step back to realize and process the information over time may reduce the damage that an instant expression may cause. The real success grows slowly over time. Being patient can help you a great deal.
- Meditate: Mindfulness is a way to lessens psychological stressors. It also helps bring focus while doing something. A peaceful mind is a healthy mind. Meditation is an ideal option to enhance your mental health.
- Improve Your Mental Agility: Doing non-habitual motions can improve your brain a lot. For example, you can use your left instead of the right hand to do a few works, walking, closing eyes to while climbing stairs or walking. This would help your brain awake.
- Try Out Mental Health Games: Mental health games are a perfect way to enhance our emotional intelligence. Isn’t it just great to learn vital emotional skills through fun games? It will also boost your confidence. There are several free mental health apps available that can help you out.
How to Use an Afro Pick for Big Curly Hair
Why Are Animal Feeding Plans Important?
5 Things to Consider Before Buying a Mini Cooper
- Health1 month ago
Virtual Art Galleries: Healing and Recreation in the Digital Era
- Business3 months ago
Do Elder People Face Violence?
- Information2 weeks ago
Gold or Silver – Batman or Robin?
- Business5 days ago
5 Things to Consider Before Buying a Mini Cooper
- Biography2 months ago
Rebecca Gayheart – Bio, Early Life & Education
- Information7 days ago
Distinction Between Native and Hybrid App Development
- Health2 months ago
Top Mental Exercises to Improve Emotional Fitness
- Biography5 months ago
Sydney Brooke Simpson Bio, Weight, Height, Net Worth, Business