Top Air Purifying Plants for Office Desk
Did you know that while plants have been shown to improve mood, relieve stress, and even help with allergies or asthma, you can also use them to purify the air in your office? All it takes is a little research on what type of plant will suit your needs. There are many florists in Toronto that provide different types of indoor plants and flowers.
Enlisted below are some of our favorite air-purifying plants so that you don’t have to go looking for them yourself.
- Potted chrysanthemums are an excellent option for your office desk because they not only look nice but also remove formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene from the air. You will need to water them often, so make sure you have that taken care of first.
- Moth orchids are flowers that purify the air by filtering out toxins including benzene, carbon monoxide and formaldehyde, in addition to producing oxygen at night. They’re easy to care for if you purchase them with a bloom already on them; just remember to keep their soil moist and place them somewhere where there’s plenty of light. You mustn’t get this plant wet!
- Peace lily plants are very effective at removing benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene and xylene from the air. This is one plant that can even remove toxic gases from the water before you put it to use in your home, so even if you don’t have a green thumb, this one is an easy choice for you!
- Snake plants remove formaldehyde and xylene from the air, but they also soak up excessive amounts of carbon dioxide. They don’t need a lot of light, so placing them near your desk won’t be an issue; however, if you put them in low-light areas, be prepared for longer wait times for blooms to appear.
- English ivy is one of the easiest plants to grow, even if you don’t think you have much skill when it comes to taking care of plants. As long as this plant has a spot near a window where it can get plenty of light each day, it will thrive and help remove benzene and xylene from the air in your home or office.
- Red-edged dracaena (Madagascar dragon tree) is another easy-to-grow plant, but it does need a lot of light. If the light levels meet its requirements, this plant will filter out benzene and trichloroethylene from the air in your home or office. If you are confused about where to buy them, you can search Flowers Toronto online and find the best florists.
- Gerbera daisy is known to remove formaldehyde and benzene, but it will also up your room’s décor if you keep the blooms in full sun. A few simple tricks to make sure it stays healthy include avoiding overwatering and making sure their soil drains well.
- Broadleaf lady palm is another air-purifying plant that is also known to remove benzene and formaldehyde from your environment. This palm-like tree will grow well in areas where there’s plenty of light, but it will thrive either way with a bit of water here and there; if you want a bigger plant, be sure to check out this variety!
- Spider plants are easy to take care of; all you have to do is find them a suitable spot for them to live, and they’ll take care of the rest! They’re great at removing harmful toxins such as xylene, carbon monoxide and trichloroethylene from the air while they soak up excess amounts of carbon dioxide. Make sure your spider plants stay moist so they can survive both on and off your desk. They have great benefits.
- Dracaena ‘Warneckii’ is a gorgeous plant to have in your office and one that will remove xylene from the air. It’s easy to care for; you just need to make sure it gets sunlight for about 10-12 hours each day!
- Ficus is another excellent option for people who aren’t familiar with taking care of plants because they’re known to be low maintenance and still effective at removing xylene. They’re also ideal if you want a tree-like plant near your desk because they’ll grow pretty tall over time, so keep that in mind when deciding how big of a pot you’ll need!
- Golden pothos is also great when wanting a larger plant near your desk because it soaks up excessive amounts of carbon dioxide, but you’ll want to make sure it gets indirect sunlight all day. Flowers Toronto based florists can help you get this plant easily at your doorstep.
- Ponytail palm is another easy air filtering plant for people who aren’t familiar with getting plants to work in their favour. You’ll have a hard time killing this palm tree by overwatering or underwatering, and as long as you provide it with plenty of light each day, you can look forward to blooms along with the leaves!
- Dracaena massangeana ‘Lemon Lime’ (Cornstalk Dracaena) is very popular because they’re known to remove benzene, xylene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene from the air around you. They’re not tall trees, so they won’t take up a lot of space in your office or home, and best of all, they’re straightforward to care for! Also, you can shop them at the best florists online by browsing Flowers Toronto.
- Dracaena ‘Janet Craig’ is another excellent option because it removes formaldehyde from the air. If you keep this plant in direct sunlight and just check it every once in a while to make sure water levels are at least on the moist side, then you’ll have no trouble keeping this plant healthy!
- Dragon Tree is a pretty-looking air purifying plant that will make your office or home look more appealing to guests. It’s easy to care for by just keeping it in the sun all day and then occasionally watering it, so the soil stays moist!
- Dracaena ‘Massangeana’ (corn stalk dracaena) needs plenty of light and water, but they’re effortless to care for as long as you keep those two things in mind. If you want formaldehyde removed from your environment but don’t have much experience with getting plants to work for you, this option is worth trying out.
It is not just the quality of air that matters; it is also how you feel about your surroundings. A desk full of plants can provide a sense of peace and calm in an otherwise stressful environment. Plants are proven to promote wellness and happiness! They don’t have to be fancy or expensive either; even some simple house plants will do wonders for your office space, shop them easily at the best florist by searching Flowers Toronto online. Now find yourself some fresh air with these helpful tips from our team at Plant People!
5 Popular Home Improvement Projects Taking Over 2023
All You Need To Know About The American Actress, Model, And The Famous Artist: Amira Brie
Everything About Bill Geisslinger’s And Annette O’Toole’s Daughter: Anna Geisslinger
- 5 Popular Home Improvement Projects Taking Over 2023
- All You Need To Know About The American Actress, Model, And The Famous Artist: Amira Brie
- Everything About Bill Geisslinger’s And Annette O’Toole’s Daughter: Anna Geisslinger
- Astro A40 TR Headset + Mixamp Pro 2017 Complete Review For Gamers
- The Role Of Root Cause Failure Analysis In Risk Mitigation And Compliance
Business2 years ago
How to Do Long-Distance Moves with Children
Travel8 months ago
Quick Guide: Moving To Santa Rosa?
Real Estate2 years ago
Your Guide To Home Buying: Maximizing Your Investment
Real Estate2 years ago
Why Dubai Festival City is a Great Neighbourhood for Young Learners
Lifestyle2 years ago
How Do You Shade A Sunny Patio?
Biography3 years ago
Sydney Brooke Simpson Bio, Weight, Height, Net Worth, Business
Tech2 years ago
Basic Detail About The Servers Of Minecraft Game
Biography3 years ago
Dorýs Madden (Julius Erving Wife) Age, Bio, Children, Wiki, & Net Worth