When looking in the mirror, what do you see? What do you notice? Are there things about your appearance that you’d like to change? The most common complaint for many is the look and feel of a nose that just doesn’t quite fit.
The ideal nose…. what does it look like?
What exactly does a perfect nose look like? While the answer to this question lies with the beholder, we can all agree that we’d like something symmetrical and pleasing to look at that doesn’t take up the entire face. It should not be the first thing we notice when gazing in the mirror, but it shouldn’t be so small that it is disproportionate to the rest of our facial features. If you’re currently unhappy with your nose, perhaps it’s time to consider a cosmetic procedure called a rhinoplasty to bring everything into perfect balance.
What is a rhinoplasty?
A rhinoplasty, or nose job, helps to enhance your facial features and the proportions of your nose. It can also help to correct impaired breathing caused by structural deficiencies.
A rhinoplasty can address:
- Asymmetry issues
- Nostrils that are too wide or too narrow
- Reshaping the nasal tip, which may cause an undesirable profile
- Nose width
- Nose size
- Breathing abnormalities
Planning a rhinoplasty
When planning a procedure such as a rhinoplasty, your surgeon will consider factors such as your facial structure, the texture of your skin, and how you would like to change your appearance. A customized surgery plan will be implemented to ensure that you get your desired look.
Are there risks associated with a rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty may be a cosmetic procedure, but it is still considered major surgery. With any surgery come risks such as excess bleeding, infection, and adverse reactions to anesthesia. Other complications unique to rhinoplasty include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Permanent numbness around the nose
- Uneven appearance
- Bruising or scarring
- Pain, discoloration and swelling that may persist
- Septal perforation
- The need for additional surgeries to correct deficiencies
Before scheduling a procedure, it will be essential to schedule a consultation with a surgeon/doctor to discuss possible risks and craft a care plan unique to you.
Preparing for rhinoplasty
Several steps must be performed before you are considered ready for a rhinoplasty. A meeting with your surgeon will be necessary to determine if you are ready for a procedure. This initial meeting will include discussions about:
1. Medical history- you’ll be asked about motivations for surgery and goals that you have for its completion. You’ll be asked about your medical history including prior surgeries, medications, and experiences that led to your decision to schedule a rhinoplasty. If you have a bleeding or clotting disorder, you may not be an ideal candidate for this type of procedure.
2. Physical exam- Your doctor/surgeon will perform a complete physical examination to determine your level of health and readiness for surgery. This will determine a course of action for preparation, as well as help to rule out risks and complications that could be associated with your procedure.
3. Photographs- You will likely take pictures of your nose from several different angles. If appropriate, your surgeon may be able to use software and imaging to give you an idea of what your final outcome might be. It’s important to be open with your surgeon about your expectations for surgery. In doing so, you’ll eliminate misunderstandings and unrealistic expectations that may lead to disappointment.
If cleared for surgery, take these steps to plan and prepare for your procedure and recovery.
Practice self care
Eating well, exercising, and reducing stress are absolutely essential at this time. Making sure your body is primed and ready for a procedure like this will ensure that your recovery time is smooth and efficient. Treat your body like the marvel that it is, and you’ll feel your healthiest as you head into surgery.
Recovery time is downtime. If you are a busy mom of three with a career to boot, you’ll not be able to keep up your current schedule and life pace. Gather the support of family and friends as you prepare for your big day, and look forward to all the additional rest as you recover at home. Here are some examples of things you can plan in advance to reduce your stress and minimize activity:
- Plan and freeze meals
- Schedule rides for children to and from school
- Enlist the help of a family member or friend for child care
- Call insurance company to determine your level of financial responsibility
- Let your employer know how much time you will need off
- Clean and prep your home to ensure you have a sanitary place to recover
Crossing these things off your list will ensure that you experience less stress heading into your big day.
Also, Check – 3 Things to Consider Before Getting Plastic Surgery
Surgery is a big decision, and big decisions sometimes stir up big fears and emotions. Do what you can to manage and process these fears in a healthy way, and talk to your doctor about your concerns. He/she may be able to reduce your tension around certain experiences as you become more knowledgeable about the process and what is required of you.
Consider rhinoplasty to improve health
A successful rhinoplasty involves collaboration with an educated patient and experienced surgeons who carefully plan for the best outcome. Talented surgeons incorporate science and art as they provide solutions for patients to improve breathing, relieve discomfort, and restore self-confidence. With recent improvements to technology and technique, great things are on the horizon for potential patients.
Brianne Aron Age, Bio Height, Net worth, Married, Career
Edita Ubartaite Biography – Parker Sawyers’s Wife Career, Personal Life, Net Worth
Holey S3 Buckets and Human Error: Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
Business1 year ago
How to Do Long-Distance Moves with Children
Real Estate1 year ago
Your Guide To Home Buying: Maximizing Your Investment
Biography3 years ago
Sydney Brooke Simpson Bio, Weight, Height, Net Worth, Business
Social Media3 years ago
Hiring From Tiktok – I Am Not Kidding
Biography2 years ago
Dorýs Madden (Julius Erving Wife) Age, Bio, Children, Wiki, & Net Worth
Biography3 years ago
Myles B. O’neal Biography – What Is Known About Shaquille And Shaunie O’neal’s Son
Biography3 years ago
Mizkif’s Sister: Emily Rinaudo’s Bio & Lifestyle
Real Estate1 year ago
Why Dubai Festival City is a Great Neighbourhood for Young Learners