We all understand how Auto Insurance can burn a hole in your pocket in the current economy. To insure your vehicle is necessary but you can avail a number of discounts if you read between the lines. If you or any member of your household is serving in the military, many auto insurance companies offer discounts up to 60% on auto insurance.
The United Service Automobile Association was formed to help the members of the U.S. military both current and former with auto insurance discounts and customer satisfaction. USAA military car insurance is for military people serving in the United States and pre-commissioned officers, veterans, marital partners, and the offspring of USAA members.
Certain insurance company providers suspend your current insurance policy if you are deployed. You need to be proactive while comparing your auto insurance quotes and it must be done at least once a year, to get a better understanding of the market. You can check the auto insurance quotes either online or by simply contacting an agent.
Organization Memberships That Provide Military Discounts
The auto insurance quotes are determined by various factors, including, your age, your vehicle, your location, and how much you drive. If you are a member of any of the following organizations you can avail of the military discount for your vehicle.
- American Society of Military Comptrollers
- Naval Surface Warfare Center FCU
- Association of the U.S. Army
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Navy League of the United States
- Armed Force Benefit Association
- Navy Federal Credit Unit
- National Infantry Association
Tips to Save on Auto Insurance While on Active Duty
There are ways with which you can save money on your auto insurance if you are currently deployed.
- Get out of Your Auto Insurance Policy: You can choose to drop your policy for the period of being deployed. Since you are the only member who drives that car, you can avail yourself suspension of your policy. You won’t have to pay your monthly premium insurance as long the car is not being driven.
- Get Yourself Of Policy: If you are being deployed but there are other members in your family who drive the car, you can take your name off the policy. Your family members can avail of discounts on the auto insurance, till the time you return back.
- On-Base Discount: You can save up to 15% if you keep your vehicle in a garage on a base. The garages also provide security to your vehicle.
- Mileage Discount: If you put fewer miles in your car, you are likely to get a discount on your car insurance. USAA and Geico offer different mileage-based discounts depending on how much your car is being driven.
- Vehicle Storage Discount: You can avail a heavy discount if your vehicle is placed in storage for long periods of time.
- Bundles: You can avail of discounts on your auto insurance if you buy say another policy like a renters policy from the same company.
Auto Insurance Companies with Military Discounts
There are many companies that provide military discounts if you are currently serving the nation. The most popular auto insurance companies among them are:
- USAA: United Service Automobile Association was formed to help the currently employed and former members of the U.S. military. The company is known for its low prices and meeting the customer’s satisfaction. There are many discounts on auto insurance coverage including the period when you are deployed.
- Geico: Government Employees Insurance Company is not a specific military insurance provider, but it is quite a popular choice for military families for their auto insurance. Geico provides discounts on your auto insurance if you are a member of military service, have affiliations with military organizations, and are deployed in an emergency.
There are several other companies that offer auto insurance discounts, but some of them are not available nationwide. Following is the list of those auto insurance companies:
- Arbella: If you are in the military service and are deployed more than 100 miles away from your home, you can avail a discount on your auto insurance. The company offers are available in Connecticut and Massachusetts only.
- Liberty Mutual: Liberty Mutual provides discounts on auto insurance quotes, if you are an active member of the military, retired, or a reserved member of the U.S. armed forces.
- The General: The General provides discounts on insurance if you are an active soldier serving in Louisiana. This is the only company that overlooks your credit score and bad driving record.
- Armed Force Insurance Exchange: Armed Force Insurance Exchange extends its auto insurance discount offers to military services academies as well.
- Farmers: Farmers company offers its popular Affinity discount to the members of the military, the veterans, and the reserves.
Not all companies offer military auto insurance discounts, but to save your money on the insurance you have to compare the different auto insurance quotes annually and select the one which offers more benefits and coverage, even if you are currently deployed.
Marisol Yotta: Bio, Age, Height, Career, Family, Husband, Net Worth
The Power of a Good Virtual Reality Business Name
What Are the Advantages of a Hydraulic Crane Over Other Cranes?
- Marisol Yotta: Bio, Age, Height, Career, Family, Husband, Net Worth
- The Power of a Good Virtual Reality Business Name
- What Are the Advantages of a Hydraulic Crane Over Other Cranes?
- Best Cloud Management Service Providers: 2022
- A Fascinating Biography Of Jen Blanco Age, Wiki & Some Interesting Facts
Business1 year ago
How to Do Long-Distance Moves with Children
Real Estate1 year ago
Your Guide To Home Buying: Maximizing Your Investment
Biography3 years ago
Sydney Brooke Simpson Bio, Weight, Height, Net Worth, Business
Social Media3 years ago
Hiring From Tiktok – I Am Not Kidding
Biography2 years ago
Dorýs Madden (Julius Erving Wife) Age, Bio, Children, Wiki, & Net Worth
Biography3 years ago
Myles B. O’neal Biography – What Is Known About Shaquille And Shaunie O’neal’s Son
Biography3 years ago
Mizkif’s Sister: Emily Rinaudo’s Bio & Lifestyle
Real Estate1 year ago
Why Dubai Festival City is a Great Neighbourhood for Young Learners