Breast Revision Surgery: What To Expect Before, During, And After The Procedure
Breast revision surgery is a surgical procedure that restores your breasts to their original size and shape. In other instances, complications from the initial surgery make a breast revision necessary. Breast revision surgery is chosen for a variety of medical and cosmetic reasons. The procedure may be performed to correct the appearance of sagging breasts or to address asymmetry in the breasts. People frequently seek out breast revision for health-related reasons, such as:
- Large or small breasts that are uneven in size or shape
- To remove a section of breast tissue and rebuild it with implants, grafts, or other materials.
- To fix folding or rippling
- Lift or sagging nipples or breast skin
- To make asymmetry better
You are a candidate for breast revision surgery if you can identify these situations.
What To Expect Before Surgery
Breast revision surgery will allow you to meet with your surgeon and discuss your goals for the procedure. The needs and objectives of each patient must be carefully considered. A doctor’s skill set must be more advanced for secondary surgery because it is frequently more difficult than the primary procedure. You may be nervous about breast revision surgery, but you are not alone. Many women have questions about the procedure and its results. Therefore, only a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Mark Kohout should perform breast revision.
You might be getting ready for breast implant revision surgery. So you should –
- Get a medical evaluation or lab testing done.
- Obtain breast imaging, such as an MRI, ultrasound, or mammogram.
- Take specific medications or change the dosage of your current ones.
- Quit smoking.
- Aspirin, inflammatory medications, and herbal supplements shouldn’t be taken as they can cause more bleeding.
Before undergoing breast revision surgery, it is crucial to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations. During your consultation, the surgeon will evaluate your breasts and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
What To Expect On The Day Of Your Breast Revision Procedure
The surgery involves making incisions in the skin and underlying tissue and often includes the placement of implants to fully restore function. Recovery from breast revision surgery usually takes several weeks, during which patients may experience some pain and discomfort.
The surgeon will separate your breast tissue from the muscles and connective tissue of your breast after making an incision. As a result, there is a pocket either in front of or behind the outermost muscle of the chest wall. The breast implant will be positioned in the center of this pocket behind your nipple by the surgeon.
Saline implants are placed without liquid inside before being filled with sterile salt water. Silicone gel is already inside silicone implants. The incision is stitched shut after the implant has been placed and bandaged with skin adhesive and surgical tape.
What To Do After Surgery, Or How Long Does It Typically Take To Recover?
The recovery period for breast revision surgery varies from person to person and can vary depending on how much skin is removed. In general, though, most patients can return to regular activities within two weeks of surgery.
- Don’t forget to take things slowly and rest during the healing process for the best results.
- In some cases, recovery may be much quicker than your initial breast implant procedure. With the replacement of new, identically sized (saline or silicone) implants after a saline implant ruptures a quick recovery may be anticipated.
- Additionally, if your new implants are significantly bigger than your old ones healing and recovery time may be prolonged.
Your doctor will advise you on recovery after breast lift surgery. In general, you should be able to return to work within two weeks of the procedure. Your doctor will discuss with you the amount of time it will take before your breasts get back to their normal size and you feel comfortable again. If it becomes too much for you or the pain worsens over time, then talk with your doctor about over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen that can help relieve some of this discomfort.
Results Of Breast Revision
The results of a breast revision will be apparent and will get better over the next few weeks as the swelling and bruising go down. If you continue living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining stable body weight, the results of breast revision should last a very long time.
Read more – Six Questions to Ask Your Surgeon Before Breast Reconstruction Surgery
The Future of Real Estate: A Spotlight on “For Sale By Owner” Model
The Ins And Outs Of Personal Injury Law: What You Need to Know
What is Authorized Push Payment Fraud and How can Companies protect Themselves from It?
- The Future of Real Estate: A Spotlight on “For Sale By Owner” Model
- The Ins And Outs Of Personal Injury Law: What You Need to Know
- What is Authorized Push Payment Fraud and How can Companies protect Themselves from It?
- Top 10 Secret You Should Know About PharmEasy
- Who is Gracie Calaway? Everything about Undertaker’s daughter.
Business2 years ago
How to Do Long-Distance Moves with Children
Travel8 months ago
Quick Guide: Moving To Santa Rosa?
Real Estate2 years ago
Your Guide To Home Buying: Maximizing Your Investment
Real Estate2 years ago
Why Dubai Festival City is a Great Neighbourhood for Young Learners
Lifestyle2 years ago
How Do You Shade A Sunny Patio?
Biography3 years ago
Sydney Brooke Simpson Bio, Weight, Height, Net Worth, Business
Tech2 years ago
Basic Detail About The Servers Of Minecraft Game
Biography3 years ago
Dorýs Madden (Julius Erving Wife) Age, Bio, Children, Wiki, & Net Worth